Certificate of Proficiency in Security Awareness and in Designated Security Duties.
The course aims at training the student in the competition rules to raise awareness and contribute collectively to aspects related to Maritime Protection and acquire the basic competences related to informing about events that affect protection, including attempts and attacks by pirates or armed thieves, determine the procedures to be followed when they recognize a threat to protection and participate in the emergency and contingency procedures related to protection in accordance with the ISPS code (code adopted by the IMO, to establish an international cooperation framework for detecting threats and adopting preventive measures).
The course is approved in Spain by DGMM, General Directorate of the Merchant Navy and the United Kingdom by the MCA, Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
The possession of the certificate of specialization in Basic Training in Maritime Protection will be required for all crew of merchant ships that require the Certificate of Protection of Ships and Port Facilities.
Aimed at staff who have to take specific tasks and responsibilities in terms of protection, in accordance with the provisions of the ship's protection plan.
The course is face-to-face and has a duration of 8 hours distributed in 5 modules, with 6 hours of theory and 2 hours of practice.
Escola Port / Formació Professional del Mar , a nautical school approved by the General Directorate of the Merchant Navy (DGMM) and with an ISO 9001 quality certificate, imparts the course of Basic Training in Maritime Protection in accordance with the STCW training agreement, which establishes the minimum standards for identifying nautical training in all nations.
- Increase maritime protection by raising awareness and maintaining the conditions established in a protection plan.
- Recognition of risks and threats to protection.
- Conduct periodic inspections and recognition of threats to protection. li>
- Understanding the need to keep awareness and monitoring on board.
- Use of equipment and protection systems.
- DNI, NIE or passport, in force
- Minimum age 18 years
- Certificate of Specialty application form.
- Photocopy of DNI, NIE or passport, in force.
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the "Basic Training in Maritime Protection" course, according to the corresponding order, issued by Escola Port.
- Proof of payment of fees for "Professional Maritime and Recreational Titles."