Professional Certificate in Port Skipper.
Theoretical and practical course of formation for the professional nautical certification of the Port Skipper that prepares the student in the planning and direction of a coastal crossing and to determine the situation in a safe way. Perform a secure navigation guard. Control the operation of the ship and the care of people on board, with which you can exercise as a standard of merchant ships gross tonnage not exceeding 100 GT that sail no more than 3 miles from a port and transporting a maximum of 150 passengers
The functions of skipper and chief engineer can be performed simultaneously , provided that the ship has the appropriate automation and the power does not exceed 375 KW in a single engine, or twice in two or more engines.
The course is face-to-face and its duration is 150 hours, of which, 120 hours are of theoretical content in the classrooms of Escola Port / formació professional del mar in the Vila Olímpica de Barcelona and 30 hours of practical training on approved boats from the school in the Barcelona Olympic Port.
Attendance is compulsory. Students can only miss 10% of the lessons. The practical part must be completed in its entirety.
Escola Port / formació professional del mar, Nautical school approved by the General Directorate of the Merchant Navy (DGMM) and with an ISO 9001 quality certificate, teaches Harbor Master in accordance with the STCW / 10 Training Convention which establishes the minimum standards to provide nautical training in the same way in all nations.
- ID, NIE or passaport.
- Minimal age 20 years old.
- Knowledge of bridge and naval machines.
- Planning the course or path.
- Maritime navigation.
- Naval construction.
- Stability and hydrostatics.
- Regulations to prevent collisions.
- Maritime beaconing.
- Safety at sea.
- Ship's energy facilities.
- Naval machines.
- Maritime English.
- Crowd control.
- Maritime law.
- Work safety on board.
Articles 10, 26, 27, 28, 30, 32, 33, transitory provision two, additional provision one and three of Royal Decree 973/2009, of June 12, which regulates the professional qualifications of the merchant marine (BOE No. 159, of June 2, 2009). Order of 21.06.01 on professional cards (BOE of 10.07.01). Order FOM / 1836/2005 by which the Order of 21/6/01 is modified. Order FOM / 2296/2002 of September 4. International Convention on standards for training, certification and guard for seafarers STCW 78-95-10. Training Code, Certification and Guard for Seafarers Section A-II / 3 and table.
- Photocopy of the DNI, NIE or passport, in force.
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the course "Employer Port", according to the corresponding Order, issued by Escola Port.
- Proof of payment of fees for " Professional Maritime Titles and Recreation ".
- Proof of a period of embarkation in Spanish civil ships with a gross tonnage exceeding 5 GT and a power exceeding 100 KW, not less than 12 months (at least 6 months in the bridge service and 6 months in the engine service).
- Proof of ownership of Basic Training certificates, Restricted Operator of the GMDSS and Initial Specific Health Training.
- Medical recognition of maritime embarkation, in force, made by ISM (Institut Social Soc).