Old convent reconverted into an army building in 1847
The site for the Captaincy General of Catalonia is created in 1765. It was an old convent with the name of Order of the Mercè. In 1846 its property passed to the army and since then it is the Command of the Army Inspector General. Between 1926 and 1929 its facade was rebuilt with a neoclassic style by Adolf Florensa. It is also known as the Palace of Captaincy and belongs to the architectural heritage from the city hall.