Guaranteed training, Escola Port never cancels its courses.See calendar of all courses
STCW – A-VI/3
Advanced Fire Fighting. Theoretical and practical course that enables the student to control and coordinate firefighting operations on board, with emphasis on organization, tactics and command. And it instructs you to handle the different types of extinguishers, hoses and types of spears, fire hydrants and self-contained breathing apparatus. Also, at the end of the course, will be trained to act in cases of fire of solid, liquid and gaseous fuels, rescue victims and fires in electrical panels among others.
The course is aimed to captains, officers and crew with specific duties and assigned responsibilities in relation to cargo or cargo equipment in the vessel and in general to the personnel that is part of the intervention teams of emergency plans on board.
STCW course endorsed in Spain by the DGMM and is supported by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). It is taught in Barcelona and Girona.
- 12 hours theoretical content.
- 12 hours practical content.
To obtain the certificate, attendance is mandatory to at least 90% of the theoretical part and 100% of the practices.
The certificate of competence in Advanced Fire Fighting has a validity of 5 years, after this time has to be updated by holding a competency maintenance course (refresher).
We have created Training Packs that combine several certificates required to work in the maritime sector.
Escola Port | Formación Profesional del Mar, certified nautical school teaches the course of Advanced Fire Fighting in accordance with the STCW Convention.
15% DISCOUNT ON ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS OF ESCOLA PORT AT UNITE HOSTEL
Only 3 minutes walk from Escola Port.
When you book the course you will receive your discount coupon for the hostel.
We are transparent: do you want to know where are our boats now?
- ID, NIE or passport, in force. li>
- Minimum age 18 years. li>
- Control of firefighting operations.
- Organization of fire fighting.
- Inspection and maintenance of systems and equipment for detection and extinction of fires.
- Research and compilation of reports on incidents in which they occur.
- Order FOM / 2296/2002 of September 4, 2002
- STCW / 10 Agreement, Rules V / 2 and V / 3
- Competition standards of Section AV / 2 and AV / 3.