Guaranteed training, Escola Port never cancels its courses.See calendar of all courses
Certificates of Competence.
GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC).
The GOC certificate is the highest level of maritime radio qualification required by for any personnel who have radiocommunication duties onboard vessels fitted with GMDSS equipment.
Holders of the GMDSS GOC are going certified to operate the radio installation on GMDSS compliant/compulsorily equipped vessels operating in any of the GMDSS sea areas (A1-A4). Including including radiotelephony, digital selective calling, narrow band direct printing (radio telex), and satellite mobile earth stations.
It’s suitable for professional mariners including Merchant Navy, Masters, OOW, deck officers, port control operators, offshore radio operators serving on mobile platforms windfarm and workboat operators and fishermen, operating vessels less than 3000 GT, Yachtmaster Ocean, and commercial Yachtmasters.
It meets upon STCW A-IV/2 conditions and requirements for MCA for Certificates of Competence.
This certificate increases the attributions of the PPER graduates allowing them to be instructors in the recreational courses for the radio classes of PNB and PER.
STCW course endorsed in Spain by the DGMM and is supported by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). It is taught in Barcelona and Girona.
- 50 hours theoretical content.
- 70 hours practical content.
BRIDGE COURSE ROC TO GOC
- 30 hours theoretical content.
- 50 hours practical content.
To obtain the certificate, attendance is mandatory to at least 90% of the theoretical part and 100% of the practices.
The certificate of competence in GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC) has a validity of 5 years, after this time has to be updated by holding a competency maintenance course (refresher).
Escola Port | Formación Profesional del Mar, certified nautical school teaches the course of GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC) in accordance with the STCW Convention.
15% DISCOUNT ON ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS OF ESCOLA PORT AT UNITE HOSTEL
Only 3 minutes walk from Escola Port.
When you book the course you will receive your discount coupon for the hostel.
We are transparent: do you want to know where are our boats now?
- The general principles and the basic characteristics of the maritime mobile service.
- Practical knowledge and habilitation of the basic equipment of a ship's station.
- Operational procedures and detailed operation of the practice of SMSSM systems and their subsystems. li>
- Capabilities and operational procedures for general communications. li>
- Art. 5 Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Annex I Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Section A - IV / 2 of the Training Code (table A-IV / 2)
- DNI (Spanish ID), NIE or passport.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Minimum knowledge in English language.
- Certificate of Specialty application form.
- Photocopy of DNI, NIE or passport
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the course "General Operator of the SMSSM", according to the Order of 04/09/2002, issued by School Port.