GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC)
Theoretical and mainly practical training to perform the functions of the radiocommunication service on ships accommodated in the GMDSS for all the sea areas A1, A2, A3 and A4. Transmit and receive information using the subsystems and the GMDSS equipment. Guarantee radiocommunication services in cases of emergency.
The course is certified in Spain by the DGMM, General Directorate of the Merchant Navy.
The possession of the professional title of the General Operator of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) will be required for the captains and officers in charge of the navigation guard of civilian ships accommodated in the GMDSS in any navigation area, except for ships that only make navigations to the sea area A1.
This certificate increases the attributions of the PPER graduates allowing them to be instructors in the recreational courses for the radio classes of GNP and PER.
The course is attended and the duration is 120 hours, of which 50 hours are theoretical content and 70 hours of practical content.
Both the theoretical and practical parts are carried out at the facilities of the Escola Port at the Vila Olímpica in Barcelona, Carrer Dr. Trueta, 48. There are 12 stations with Vox Maris simulators, which allow 12 students to take the course simultaneously with two teachers.
The student can only miss 10% of the theoretical course. The practical lessons must be entirely completed.
Escola Port / Formació Professional del Mar , a nautical school approved by the General Directorate of the Merchant Navy (DGMM) and with an ISO 9001 quality certificate. Escola Port gives the course of General Operator of the GMDSS in accordance with the STCW training agreement, which establishes the minimum standards for identifying nautical training in all nations.
- The general principles and the basic characteristics of the maritime mobile service.
- Practical knowledge and habilitation of the basic equipment of a ship's station.
- Operational procedures and detailed operation of the practice of SMSSM systems and their subsystems. li>
- Capabilities and operational procedures for general communications. li>
- Art. 5 Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Annex I Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Section A - IV / 2 of the Training Code (table A-IV / 2)
- DNI (Spanish ID), NIE or passport
- Minimum age 18 years
- Minimum knowledge in English language
- Certificate of Specialty application form.
- Photocopy of DNI, NIE or passport
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the course "General Operator of the SMSSM", according to the Order of 04/09/2002, issued by School Port.