Guaranteed training, Escola Port never cancels its courses.See calendar of all courses
Certificates of Competence.
GMDSS General Operators Certificate (ROC).
Theoretical and mainly practical training that gives the professional seafarer competence and the authority in the operation of all licensed marine radio equipment for SOLAS-compliant vessels operating in coastal and offshore waters. Aimed to gain the skills and knowledge to confidently and correctly transmit and receive information using Inmarsat C/Fleet 77 satellite and VHF/HF/MF radio equipment, including DSC, EPIRB, SART and NAVTEX.
This certificate increases the attributions of the PPER graduates allowing them to be instructors in the recreational courses for the radio classes of PNB and PER.
STCW course endorsed in Spain by the DGMM and is supported by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). It is taught in Barcelona and Girona.
- 50 hours theoretical content.
- 70 hours practical content.
BRIDGE COURSE ROC TO GOC
- 30 hours theoretical content.
- 50 hours practical content.
To obtain the certificate, attendance is mandatory to at least 90% of the theoretical part and 100% of the practices.
The certificate of competence in GMDSS General Operator Certificate (ROC) has a validity of 5 years, after this time has to be updated by holding a competency maintenance course (refresher).
Escola Port | Formación Profesional del Mar, certified nautical school teaches the course of GMDSS General Operator Certificate (ROC) in accordance with the STCW Convention.
15% DISCOUNT ON ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS OF ESCOLA PORT AT UNITE HOSTEL
Only 3 minutes walk from Escola Port.
When you book the course you will receive your discount coupon for the hostel.
We are transparent: do you want to know where are our boats now?
YOUR COURSE IN ESCOLA PORT, EVERYTHING IS ADVANTAGES.
We never cancel courses, if it is published and confirmed in the calendar the course will be done.
Training in Barcelona or Palamós.
Courses throughout the year with a variety of schedules adapted to the student's profile.
Classrooms air-conditioned and equipped with the best tools.
6 approved boats to do the practices.
The best and most qualified instructors.
- The general principles and the basic characteristics of the maritime mobile service.
- Practical knowledge and habilitation of the basic equipment of a ship's station.
- Operational procedures and detailed operation of the practice of SMSSM systems and their subsystems. li>
- Capabilities and operational procedures for general communications. li>
- Art. 5 Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Annex I Order FOM / 2296/2002.
- Section A - IV / 2 of the Training Code (table A-IV / 2)
- DNI (Spanish ID), NIE or passport
- Minimum age 18 years
- Minimum knowledge in English language
- Certificate of Specialty application form.
- Photocopy of DNI, NIE or passport
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the course "General Operator of the SMSSM", according to the Order of 04/09/2002, issued by School Port.