Guaranteed training, Escola Port never cancels its courses.See calendar of all courses
STCW – A VI/1
Basic Safety Training. Theoretical and practical training to prepare the students for emergency situations on board and to respond with immediate actions that minimize potential hazards in firefighting, rescue, survival and prevention of accidents on board.
The certificate of Basic Safety Training is mandatory to be able to work on board of a civil ship, regardless of the category and position.
It is also necessary to obtain the Professional Pleasure Skipper (PPER).
STCW course approved in Spain by the DGMM and is supported by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). It is taught in Barcelona and Girona.
- 45 hours theoretical content.
- 25 hours practical content.
To obtain the certificate, attendance is mandatory to at least 90% of the theoretical part and 100% of the practices.
The certificate of competence in Basic Safety Training has a validity of 5 years, after this time has to be updated by holding a competency maintenance course.
We have created Training Packs that combine several certificates required to work in the maritime sector.
Escola Port | Formación Profesional del Mar, certified nautical school teaches the course of Basic Safety Training in accordance with the STCW Convention.
15% DISCOUNT ON ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS OF ESCOLA PORT AT UNITE HOSTEL
Only 3 minutes walk from Escola Port.
When you book the course you will receive your discount coupon for the hostel.
We are transparent: do you want to know where are our boats now?
- ID, NIE or passport.
- Minimal age 18 years old or 16 with parental permission.
- Survival at sea in case of abandoning the boat.
- Prevention and firefighting first level.
- Adoption of minimum standards of competence in first aid.
- Personal safety and social responsibilities.
Art. 5 Order FOM / 2296/2002
Appendix I Order FOM / 2296/2002
In Section VI / 1 STCW Code (Table A- VI / 1-1).
- Application form Specialty Certificates .
- DNI, NIE or passport, in force.
- Photocopy of the diploma course "Basic Safety Training," according to the order FOM / 2296/2002 issued by Escola Port.
- Proof of payment of fees for Professional and Recreational degrees."
For obtaining the applicant must have a diploma or a certificate of professional yacht marine specialty (such as Basic Training Certificate specialty).
It's used for:
- Embarking on any vessel as a civilian crew
- Ask for medical assistance in any port city, Spanish or foreign.
- Benefit medical examination at the Social Institute of the Navy.
- Staying in numerous houses located in the sea most port cities of Spain, by paying a token amount for their services.
- Ask for repatriation in cases of urgency or need.
- Insert or apply for jobs through various means available to the ISM.