25 Apr


Summer is here, do you want to sail on a jet ski and you wonder which licence do you need to govern it?

Actually, if you want to rent a jet ski (jetski) ) and it does not matter to you that it is a jet ski with the power limited to 55 CV and that a monitor is accompanying you on another jetski, you do not need any type of license. You only have to go to the marinas where they have this service and book an exit. For example, at the Port Olímpic in Barcelona, every year from the month of May until the end of September companies such as Escola Port offer this service 8 hours a day, every day of the week including holidays. You only have to make the reservation online and present yourself in your tent where you will be given all the means so that you can intensely enjoy this sport (neoprene, vest, etc.).

You can see all the information about this service on the web: nauticaportbarcelona.com

If you want to take a watercraft with limited power to 55 HP , but without a monitor to accompany you, then you will need the Moto C Carnet or the Navigation License . Any of the two qualifications will allow you to rent or buy a motorbike for private use.


If you prefer to rent or buy a jet ski without power limitation then you will need to have a nautical recreation title such as PNB or PER . Any of them allows you to govern jet skis without power limitation. But beware, for your government the limitations that water bikes have over those of the title prevail: for example, a PER titled can do night navigation, but with a jet ski you will not be able to go out at night, since the water bikes they are forbidden for lacking, among other things, navigation lights.

You can also control jet skis with the specific water bike qualifications such as theMotonautical Licence B for jetski up to 110 HP and the Motonautical Licence A for jetskis without power limitation.


The advantage of obtaining a recreational qualification, for example, the PNB on the specific titling of jetskis on Motonautical Licence A , is that, although both qualifications allow you to govern nautical jetskis without limitation of power, the GNP, also allows you to govern motor boats up to 8 m.


Escola Port, in Barcelona, offers you the possibility of taking the courses to obtain all these qualifications, both for recreational boats and those specific to Motonautica, and also, the pleasure of sailing in one of your jet skis.

If you want more information write to info@escolaportbarcelona.com or call +34 932 21 03 80.