WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
The data controller is the one who decides the purpose for which your personal data is used, in this case, EXPOMARINE & BOATS, S.L., con CIF B64202583
and registered office at Muelle de Marina, no. 11, Olympic Port, 08005 Barcelona. However, keep in mind that if you take a professional training course with us, the person in charge will be Educación Profesional del Mar S.L. (both companies, “Escola Port” or “We” hereinafter).
You can contact our privacy officer at the following email: email@example.com.
WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS?
A personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person (the “Interested Party” or “Data Subject”). The personal data that we process comes from the information that you provide us as a user when filling out the forms that you will find on the Web, when browsing the Web, when buying our training products (“Product/s” or “Course/s”) and/or or services (“Service/s”) through the Web and/or by sending us your queries or requests for information.
In each form we indicate the contact information that we absolutely need to be able to attend to your query or request by means of an asterisk. The data that is not marked as mandatory through an asterisk will be completely optional. We only collect the necessary data for each purpose. Keep in mind that if you do not provide the mandatory information, we may not be able to attend to your query or request or manage the treatment.
Keep in mind that it is your responsibility to provide truthful data and keep it updated, so we reserve the right to exclude from the Services, and/or cancel them, Users who provide false, incorrect or unauthorized data. Interested party, without prejudice to our right to exercise as many legal actions as may correspond.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE TREAT YOUR DATA?
We will treat your data for the following purposes:
- CREATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT IN AULA NAUTICA. When you create your Aula Náutica account, we will use your contact details to register you on our platform, give you access to our content and free Courses and be able to interact with other Users, as well as to send you communications about Escola Port that may be of interest to you. In addition, we will use them to comply with the legal obligations that apply to us and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM. When you comment in the discussion forum available on our website, we will use your contact information to be able to manage your participation in it. In addition, we will use them to comply with legal obligations that apply to us.
- ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT IN AULA ESCOLA. When you are enrolled in a course and/or practice, our system will allow you to access to the Aula Náutica learning system, where we will use your contact information, economic and/or financial data to give you access to the functionalities of the system and the teaching material, notify you of the current status of your academic career, changes in regulations, issuance of titles, as well as to comply with the legal obligations that apply to us and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- PLACE RESERVATION IN NAVIGATION PRACTICES. When you reserve a place through the form, we will use your contact information to manage the reservation and notify you of its status and possible changes to the reservation, as well as to comply with the legal obligations that apply to us. We will also use your data to contact you in relation to the purchase and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- PURCHASE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES. When you buy a Course and/or request the processing of a Service such as the payment of exam fees, we will use your contact, economic and/or financial data to process your purchase request, manage your training or the procedures that you entrust to us, and send you notifications about them, as well as send you communications about Escola Port (such as new training offers, activities and/or regulations applicable to your training), which may be of interest to you.
- REGISTRATION FOR EXAMS AND/OR DEGREES. When you register for an exam, we will use your contact, economic and/or financial information to notify you about the status of the exam, the date, time and place, as well as to contact you through different means, manage the necessary payments and comply with the legal obligations that apply to us in this regard and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- ISSUANCE AND SHIPPING OF TITLES AND DIDACTIC MATERIAL. When you request the delivery of your title or teaching material, we will use your contact, economic and/or financial data to manage the request, send you what you requested and notify you about the status of your order and manage the payments that are necessary and comply with the legal obligations that apply to us in this regard and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- CAPTURE AND USE OF IMAGE AND/OR VOICE. When taking the Course, the classes are recorded and posted on the student’s training profile. Although the recording focuses on the teaching staff, it may happen that during the recording’s images and/or voices of the students interacting with them are captured. That is why, by registering for one of our Courses, you authorize us to capture and/or record your image or any other personal identification element through photography and/or video and/or any other means of capturing images that is made. Likewise, we may reproduce and publish the image for free and with the power to transfer it to third parties, in any photographic and/or video formats, as well as by any other means of image fixation, on our internal channels (such as the platform where the courses).
- CONTACT. If you contact us through our channels enabled in this regard, by email or any other means that we make available to you, we will use the contact data and the details that you provide us to adequately attend to your queries or requests, which includes the possibility to contact you through different means and the referral of the same to the corresponding managers so that they can give you an answer.
- ADD RATING. By adding a rating to our Products and/or Services through our forms, we will use your data to be able to process your request. In addition, we will use them to comply with the legal obligations that apply to us and offer you registrations, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
- GIFT CARD. When you buy a gift card, we will use your contact details and/or those of the third party for whom the card is intended. Likewise, we will use your economic and/or financial data to process your purchase request, manage the shipment, as well as to contact you in relation to the purchase and offer you inscriptions, offers and additional information about Escola Port and its collaborators.
4. WHAT IS THE LEGITIMATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF YOUR DATA?
The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purchase of Products and/or Services, purchase of a gift card, creation of the Escola Náutica and Aula Náutica account, adding an assessment, reservation of a place for navigation practices, the registration for exams, issuance and delivery of titles and teaching materials is the execution of the contract and the fulfillment of our legal obligations.
The legal basis for capturing and disseminating images, expanding information about the different Products and/or Services, participating in the discussion forum and for contacting us is the consent you have given us by registering in the corresponding forms. In some cases, the processing of your data when you contact
us may be covered by the execution of pre-contractual measures if these are necessary to attend to the query.
Bear in mind that, if you are a purchaser of our Products and/or Services, we may also send you communications based on our legitimate interest in offering you improvements, offers and activities that may interest you and keeping you informed about the different activities and initiatives of Escola Port that we believe may be of interest to you, and the fulfillment of our legal obligations (such as, for example, the tax declaration of contributions to Escola Port).
Remember that you can revoke your consent at any time. You can also object to continue receiving commercial communications in the manner indicated in the footer of each communication.
5. FOR HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your data will be kept for the period necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, and specifically:
- In relation to the purchase of Escola Port Courses, we will keep your data for the time necessary to provide you with the Course and allow you to access its materials during the period indicated when you made the purchase, and subsequently we will keep them blocked during the periods of conservation or statutory limitation periods.
- In relation to the data that you provide us to make inquiries or to contact us, we will process the data if it is necessary to respond to your query or request and/or allow you access to the Services, as well as, where appropriate, during the time necessary to be able to deal with possible claims or queries on your part.
- In relation to the sending of communications, the data will be processed until you revoke your consent, oppose the processing and/or request the deletion of your personal data, up to a maximum of two years.
- In relation to web browsing data, until you revoke your consent and for a maximum period of 1 year. In any case, the information on web traffic is deleted periodically, so that we only keep statistical data on anonymous use (without identification of Users).
Once the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we process it, it will remain blocked for the sole purpose of meeting any liability or obligation that may arise from its processing.
6. TO WHICH RECIPIENTS WILL YOUR DATA BE COMMUNICATED?
Your data may be communicated to service providers that help us carry out our activity, for example, computer tools, technical support services, payment providers, financial services, etc. We can transfer the data to companies in our group for internal management purposes, such as processing payments on the Web. Some of these providers have processing and/or support centers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We guarantee that, when your data could leave the EEA, they will maintain the same level of protection based on compliance with the provisions set forth in the European data protection regulations. In this sense, international data transfers will be made (i) to countries with an adequate level of protection declared by the European Commission (ii) based on the provision of adequate guarantees (standard contractual clauses or binding corporate regulations), or (iii) by virtue of the authorization of the competent control authority or other cases provided for in the regulations.
To receive more information about international data transfers or obtain confirmation or a copy of the guarantees used, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In cases where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, the data may be communicated to the Public Administration and the State Security Forces and Bodies.
7. REGISTRATION AND MONITORING CORPORATE ACCOUNTS OF SOCIAL WEB NETWORKS
In the case of the profiles that Escola Port maintains in the different social networks linked from our websites, for example, through third-party plugins or applications, your data may be processed under other privacy policies of the owners of said social networks.
The use of such connectors is voluntary. If you choose to use them, you will be authorizing the communication of your personal data (IP address, browsing data) to the mentioned social networks and Escola Port will not be responsible for the subsequent treatment that they may carry out with your data. We recommend that you visit the terms and conditions of use of said platforms prior to your interaction on social networks with the profiles of Escola Port on said social networks.
The profiles on the social networks linked from our websites have been created so that you can better understand our activity and offer different communication channels aimed at people interested in our entity and the Products and/or Services that we offer.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
As the Holder of your Data, you can request confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed and, if so, access them. Also, you can request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
In certain circumstances, it is possible to request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise of actions or the defense of claims.
You can revoke the consents given at any time. Once the revocation has been exercised, which will not be retroactive, unless there is a legal provision that imposes said character, your data may be kept blocked during the prescription periods established by the applicable regulations.
Remember that you can also oppose the processing of your data, particularly with respect to commercial communications, in which case we will not process the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons or for the exercise or defense of possible claims.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, write to our Privacy Officer, attaching a copy of the document proving your identity, to any of the following addresses email@example.com.
To help us process your request, please indicate in the subject “Data Protection”.
Likewise, if you have any questions regarding the exercise of your rights, before contacting the Control Authority, we remind you that, if you wish, you can consult us directly by writing to our Privacy Officer and we will try to help you in the best way possible.
Finally, we remind you that you have the right to file a claim with the competent data protection authority (in Spain, www.aepd.es) if you are aware of or consider that an event may lead to a breach of the regulations applicable in terms of data protection.