Theoretical theoretical course of 20 hours duration in which Escola Port / Formación Profesional del Mar prepares the student for the PPER exam of the D.G.M.M.
We are required to offer the course in spanish. If your spanish is limited, we can give you course supplies in English, and our teachers can assist you in english as well, so you can follow the class.
The professional nautical certificate of Professional Skipper for Recreational Boats enables its holder to professionally manage vessels up to 24m in length, navigate up to a distance of 60 miles from the coast and transport up to a maximum of 12 passengers, including the crew.
In addition, the PPER certificate empowers its holder to be an instructor in nautical schools in Navigation License, PNB and PER courses.
What do I need to be a PPER?
- To have in possession the degree of Yacht Captain.
- 6 professional specialty certificates.
- Pass the examination of the D.G.M.M.
- Declaration of having completed 50 days and 2500 navigation miles.
- Pass a free medical examination at the ISM.
The route to obtain the PPER is not necessarily linear, you can start when and how you want. First you can take the PPER exam, then the professional certificates and the recreational degrees or vice versa.
We invite you to come to school to meet us and together we will prepare your personalized curriculum.
In the Olympic Village you will find our school, approved by the DGMM, where you can take the professional courses necessary to obtain the 6 specialty certificates that you need for the PPER.
Basic Safety Training
You will know the emergency situations and prepare you to respond to the possible dangers on board.
Mandatory certificate to board.
Crowd Management on Passenger Ships
Assistance to the passenger in emergency situations on board.
Medical First Aids
First aid and elementary nursing techniques.
GMDSS Restricted Operator
Radiocommunication service, both for normal communications and in emergency situations.
Advanced Fire Fighting
Control and coordination of firefighting operations on board.
Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
Manage rescue devices, organize survivors and take over a survival craft.
As PPER you can carry out several professional activities. We mention some of them.
- In nautical companies as skipper carrying up to 12 passengers.
- In nautical schools as professor of theory and navigation practices.
- Rent your boat and act as skipper.
- Transfer of boats through the peninsula, and between archipelagos.
- Professional diving companies.