After having several ” floating ” headquarters the Real Maritime Club built its base on solid ground in 1913 in the space now occupied by the modern buildings of the World Trade Centre. The late modernist building, with contributions from members, was designed by architect Enric Sagnier, although it was not his project that won the contest organized by the Club, but Eduard Ferrés, which was rejected dues to its high budget.
The new clubhouse sported one of the finest buildings in the Port with its prominent dome, panoramic terrace and its tower, which emulated a lighthouse. After the civil war (1939) as the building had been damaged it had to be moved. The new headquarters, at the dock of Spain opened in 1959 when the landmark building was totally demolished.