Opened on January 1st 1852 it is the lighthouse, which served as a model for other lighthouses built in the program along the Spanish coast. Located in the Llobregat delta in marshes it is almost a miracle that it is still fully operational, as it has been threatened with disappearing on several occasions.

 

At first it stood 300 metres from the coast but in 1954 it was surrounded by water, the expansion of the port later reclaimed the land from the sea. The Llobregat Lighthouse is one of the most reliable reference points on the coast and can be seen from 50 miles.
image100