Specific certificate of initial specific Health Training.
Theoretical and practical course of training in the minimum requirements in the field of first aid and in some elementary nursing techniques that allow to face with guarantees the circumstance of illness or work-related accident of a companion on board the boat.
The course is certified in Spain by the DGMM, General Directorate of the Merchant Navy and in the United Kingdom by the MCA, Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
The course is aimed to officers in charge of the guard in machine chamber, as well as to captains, bosses and officers in charge of the navigation guard of ships obliged to bring the medicine kit C.
It is one of the necessary certificates to get the PPER (Professional Boat Recreational Patterns).
The course is in person and its duration is 22 hours, of which 11 hours are theoretical content and 11 hours of practical content.
Students can only miss 10% of the theoretical classes. Instead, the practical training must be completed in its entirety.
Escola Port / Formació Professional del Mar , a nautical school approved by the Social Institute of the Navy of Barcelona and with an ISO 9001 quality certificate, imparts the Initial Specific Health Training strong > in accordance with the STCW training agreement, which establishes minimum standards for identifying nautical training in all nations.
- ID, NIE or passport.
- Minimal age 18 years old or 16 with parental permission.
- Health resources for seafarers
- Structure and functions of the human body.
- Basic clinical history and patient examination
- Asphyxia and cardiac arrest
- Hemorrhages and shock
- Burns and freezes.
- Environmental disorders due to cold and heat.
- Poisons on board.
- Sprains, dislocations and fractures.
- Haulage transport.
- Medical consultation by radio.
ORDER PRE / 646/2004, OF MARCH 5. (BOE No. 62)
RESOLUTION OF 22 JULY 2005 (BOE Nº 201)
R.D. 1216/1997, of July 18 of R.D. 258/1999, of February 12 STCW / 95
- Application Form of Certificates of Specialty.
- Photocopy of DNI, NIE or passport
- Certified photocopy of the diploma of the "Initial specific health training" diploma, according to FOM / 2296/2002, issued by Escola Port.
- Tax payment for "Professional and Recreational Maritime Certificates and Licenses".